Monday, October 20, 2008

100 Species Challenge -- Species # 27


Specimen #27 -- Poison Ivy

aka "PI" in geocaching logs

Rhus radicans

by special request from Heather (barterbus.blogspot.com)

This is what PI looks like in fall. I took this photo this weekend at Jester Park. This PI was near a clearing and thickly covered the ground beneath the trees. PI is tricky because it can creep like a vine, bush out like a shrub, or look like a little plant similar to wildflowers. You can find out everything you ever wondered about PI at this website.


1 comment:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Thanks for the post for me!! I have been watching for it! Sorry it took me so long. I was behind on reading blogs. I have been under the weather and now my youngest is under. But better days are coming soon! ;)

~Heather